Buffalo Endodontist on Cracking or Fracturing a Tooth
As an experienced Buffalo Endodontist, I often treat patients with a cracked or fractured tooth.
- Today’s stress-filled life causes many of us to clench and grind our teeth and, sadly, that can cause fractures, which are the worst issue we currently treat.
- Tiny cracks cause nerves to become sensitive and make your teeth flex.
- As cracks widen, bacteria can get into your tooth and can cause infection.
- We first examine a cracked tooth microscopically to determine the crack’s extent and exact location and prepare minor, superficial cracks for immediate restorative treatment by your dentist.
- If a crack is extensive and jeopardizes a successful prognosis, we may discuss extraction and replacement options with you and your dentist.
Are you or a loved one dealing with a cracked or fractured tooth? Contact dedicated Buffalo Endodontist Dr. Aaron McCann to repair the problem.